Saturday, July 17, 2010

Why a Poetry Blog?

I have been thinking about starting a poetry blog for some time now. I spent years being self-conscious of my poetry and really trying not to share it with more than a select few people. I realized that I was mostly being selfish. I still don't consider myself much of a poet, but I hope that my poetry can be used to encourage those who are in need and to inspire other writers to share their work.

Why "Poems from a Broken Heart?" Simply because my heart has been broken. I don't necessarily mean in a romantic sense (although you may see some poetry on that topic), but in a spiritual sense. Most of my poetry comes from times in my life when God was breaking me and melting me, remolding me into His image. I'm sure some of you can relate to those times of brokenness.

Please, read and be encouraged. Most of the poetry you'll find here was written sometime in the last 2-3 years. I haven't put it into any kind of order, and there is no rhyme or reason to which poems are posted when.

Comments make my life a much richer experience, so please tell me what you think. Good, bad, or indifferent, I want to hear it all. Thanks in advance for sharing this with me.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for the first poem. Love the introduction. Your writing style makes me want to keep reading. =)

    ReplyDelete